BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

More projects

Greetings!

I would love to show you the finished project of my second bunny blanket :) This one turned out exactly like I wanted it to. His eyes are adorable, and the smile is perfect! All I have left to do is wash it to make sure the fibers loosen up a bit- it's stiff and kind of scratchy right now. The best thing is that the other one (the brown one from my last post) was given to a friend's baby, Hannah, and she loves it!

So here's the finished product:

I changed the pattern up a bit for this version. This time I followed the directions to use two strands of yarn throughout the pattern which immediately made him bigger- but I modified the ears to go down off the side of his head instead of straight up, changed the shape of the mouth, and made the blanket part itself longer by extending the increases of the pattern for a few more rows before adding his hands. I love the way it turned out!

This is an excellent idea for a baby shower gift (mine is going to be given to my niece at my sister's baby shower) because the gift functions both as a toy and as a small blanket for the baby to cuddle with! Plus it's just cute...:)

I also was inspired to make a gift for another friend after visiting her house after church for lunch. She's got two adorable cats that love to play. Her kitten Benny loves to jump around and attack things! So I told her I would make her cats a toy, and although I was sort of joking, I decided to do it when I found the pattern for this fun thing on the Lion Brand Yarn free crochet pattern section.


Isn't it fun? I changed up the yarn at the ball for the really fuzzy stuff, and I love it!

I've also been inspired by a pattern given to me by my friend Nicole, a fellow crocheter. It's an adorable baby blanket pattern from Lion Brand Yarn, called Sweet pea, if you want to look it up. It's pink and green granny squares, and I can't wait to get the yarn and get started! It will be perfect for Molly's nursery because her colors are pink and green

Last night I started an adorable amiguri panda pattern, once again from the Lion Brand site. It's been a wonderful learning experience to try this pattern because I've never tried felting before, and this panda is supposed to be felted. I found out felting only works with yarns that are not supposed to be washed. So of course, I used the wrong kind of yarn and ended up with a non-felted project after attempting to felt for some time. Oh well, live and learn. I will post a picture of him when I finally get him stuffed and sewn together.

Hope I have inspired some of you to go and make something homemade and special for your loved ones!

3 comments:

Erika said...

What a cutie!

Welcome to the world of blogging; it can be addictive.

erika

Ink with Heather said...

The bunny blankets are so adorable!! A great baby gift indeed :)

emosback said...

Thanks for the welcome Erika! I'm really hoping this can be a place where I can make connections with others that share similar interests.