BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Meet the newest member of our family!

This is Quigley! Our 7 week old Teddy Bear GoldenDoodle. He's teeny-tiny right now, but he should get to about 50-60lbs! (just look at those paws)

Quigley is my new obsession. He's the sweetest little boy, just wants to be near you and cuddle. I don't think I've ever met a calmer puppy before either.

I had been wanting a puppy for a long time, and one time I jokingly mentioned to Michael I wanted a puppy for my birthday this year, but not just any puppy- a golden-doodle puppy. I found a breeder in Chewelah (just north of Spokane) and told Michael this breeder's pups were less expensive and we could drive to pick them up! One day he came home and surprised me by telling me he had talked with the breeder and all we needed to do was put down the deposit and we'd get our pick of the litter if it was still something I wanted to do. Of course it was! We went a couple weeks later, picked out our pup (it was Michael's choice we went with) and another 2 weeks later we have him!

Last night was his second night home, and so far no accidents in the house! I just take him out every hour-2hours (inbetween naps). His first night home was pretty traumatic, and I only got 3-4 hours of sleep, but he settled right in, and slept great in his kennel last night! I am so excited to have this dog because Michael, my husband, travels so often. I hate to be alone (see post entitled "Alone") and getting a dog was just the perfect thing to help me feel I have a companion and a little extra measure to keep me safe. Ok, now that I'm sure you're bored reading about him, here's a few more pics!

0 comments: